The Why, What, & How of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
This course has been designed to improve understanding of the uses of real time ultrasound in the field of musculoskeletal (MSK) rehabilitation, and introduce participants to the ‘what’ and ‘how-to’ of MSK imaging.
- 2.5 hours of online video tutorials
- Downloadable PDF notes
- 3-months unlimited access
- Downloadable professional development certificate
This course aims to
- Enhance awareness of the applications of ultrasound in differential diagnosis, in developing treatment direction, and in rehabilitation.
- Provide a basic understanding of the physiological mechanisms by which ultrasound works, and it’s interaction with different MSK tissues.
- Improve practical skills through familiarisation with the user interface (‘knobology’) and keys for image optimisation.
Dr Alison Grimaldi
With over 25 years of clinical experience and particular expertise in the management of hip, groin and lumbo-pelvic pain and dysfunction, Dr Alison Grimaldi is Principal Physiotherapist at Physiotec and an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the University of Queensland. View profile