Assessment and exercise strategies for foot and ankle function
PRICE: AUD $245
Do you find it challenging to remember the anatomy and function of all the muscles of the foot and ankle? Are those intrinsic muscles of the foot a little overwhelming? Do you find yourself prescribing the same exercises for every foot and ankle patient, regardless of presentation? If so, this foot and ankle course is right for you.
Our course explores the different aspects of foot and ankle function and the implications this has for muscle and movement assessment and therapeutic exercise prescription around the foot and ankle. Enhance your clinical skills with our course by drawing on almost 20 years of clinical and research experience presented in a simple and digestible format that you can work through in our own time.
The foot and ankle are critical in keeping a person upright and stable through functional weightbearing movement. The foot and ankle are involved in shock absorption, propulsion, balance mechanisms, and provide essential information to the brain for motor planning of the whole kinetic chain. Dysfunction of the foot and ankle has been linked with both local and more proximal pain and injury — which means it has never been more important to provide the correct strategies and exercises for your clients.
What you’ll learn in our foot and ankle rehab course
This foot and ankle course reviews available literature on the anatomy, function and dysfunction of the muscles of the foot and ankle. It also draws on the presenter’s almost 20 years of research and clinical experience to bring you the evidence base and clinical implications for assessment and exercise-based rehabilitation strategies for the ankle and foot.
Our foot and ankle course includes the following:
- 9.5 hours of online video tutorials
- Downloadable PDF notes
- 6-months unlimited access
- Downloadable professional development certificate
This workshop is ideal for physiotherapists, podiatrists, osteopaths, chiropractors, sports doctors and other health and exercise professionals involved in prescribing therapeutic and performance exercises for the foot and ankle.
This foot and ankle course aims to:
- Enhance clinical reasoning, and skills for development of therapeutic exercise for the foot and ankle.
- Challenge participants to re-examine their own clinical practice in light of the presented evidence base.
- Stimulate new thought & provide direction for those who may be interested in contributing to the research in this field.
Upon completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Describe the key elements involved in foot and ankle function
- Define functional roles of the musculature surrounding the foot and ankle
- Perform a multifaceted assessment of muscle function at the foot and ankle
- Design a targeted exercise programme for the foot and ankle considering both intrinsic and extrinsic musculature.
↓ First Lesson FREE - Watch Below ↓
PRICE: AUD $245