Diagnosis and management of lateral hip and buttock pain
Lateral hip and buttock pain particularly, can present many challenges both in the diagnostic and management processes. Do you find it difficult to identify the primary source of the problem and understand exactly what needs to be done to solve this problem for your patient for the longer term? Are you looking for a lateral hip pain management course, perhaps more specifically a gluteal tendinopathy management course or a buttock pain course presented online? Look no further. This online course is packed with clinically relevant information that will rapidly start easing those clinical challenges for you.
This course examines the various joint-related, soft tissue-related and nerve-related conditions associated with lateral hip and buttock pain, their mechanisms, associated impairments, clinical diagnostic tests and management approaches.
This lateral hip and buttock pain course aims to
- Clarify definitions and diagnoses of lateral hip and buttock pain
- Explore factors which may influence loads across the lateral hip and buttock and predispose to intra or extra-articular impingement, such as:
- morphological variants (e.g. bony structure, soft tissue – neural relationships)
- adverse soft tissue loading associated with kinematics and neuromotor function (focus on hip abductors and short external rotators).
- Provide key load management and therapeutic exercise strategies for lateral hip and buttock pain, particular to the patient presentation and associated difficulties with mechanical load transfer.
- Provide an update on scientific evidence for underlying diagnostic and management approaches.
This lateral hip and buttock pain course is included when you sign up for a Lateral Hip and Buttock Pain Face-to-Face or Online Workshop. It is also included in Hip Academy Membership.
Dr Alison Grimaldi
With over 30 years of clinical experience and particular expertise in the management of hip, groin and lumbo-pelvic pain and dysfunction, Dr Alison Grimaldi is Principal Physiotherapist at Physiotec and an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the University of Queensland. View profile