Diagnosis and management of anterior hip & groin pain
Have you been having difficulty with determining the source or underlying mechanisms driving anterior hip or groin pain? Perhaps you are having difficulty with knowing where to start in the management process or the best methods of ensuring a speedy, optimal outcome. Are you looking for an anterior hip pain course or a groin pain course? If so, you are in exactly the right place. You will not only cover anterior hip and groin pain assessment in this course, but you'll really dig deep into understanding different conditions, providing the basis for achieving best possible short and long-term outcomes for your patients.
This anterior hip and groin pain course includes a detailed examination of mechanisms of physical overload (morphology, movement, muscle) and impairments associated with anterior hip pain and groin pain, clinical diagnostic tests and management approaches.
Includes joint related-pain & bony impingement (intra & extra-articular), soft tissue-related pain and nerve-related pain.
- 5 hours of online video tutorials
- Downloadable PDF notes
- 3-months unlimited access (ongoing access provided with current Hip Academy Membership)
- Downloadable professional development certificate
- Complete lessons in bite-sized pieces around a busy timetable
- Designed by a clinician-researcher for clinicians
This anterior hip and groin pain course aims to
- Clarify definitions of anterior hip pain and groin pain
- Explore factors which may influence intra-articular hip joint loads
- morphological variants (eg FAI, acetabular dysplasia, femoral version, capsulo-labral deficits)
- adverse joint loading associated with kinematics and neuromotor function
- the adequacy of joint protection mechanisms
- Explore factors which may influence extra-articular loads in the anterior hip region
- morphological variants (eg. AIIS/Subspine Impingement)
- adverse soft tissue loading associated with kinematics and neuromotor function (focus on hip flexors)
- Provide an overview of key load management and therapeutic exercise strategies for anterior hip pain, particular to the patient presentation and associated difficulties with mechanical load transfer.
- Provide an update on groin pain clinical entities and where the literature sits with regard to prevention and management.
This anterior hip and buttock pain course is included when you sign up for an Anterior Hip and Groin Pain Face-to-Face or Online Workshop. It is also included in Hip Academy Membership.
Dr Alison Grimaldi
With over 30 years of clinical experience and particular expertise in the management of hip, groin and lumbo-pelvic pain and dysfunction, Dr Alison Grimaldi is Principal Physiotherapist at Physiotec and an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the University of Queensland. View profile